The Accredited PRINCE2® 6th Edition Practitioner Course
The latest PRINCE2® course to date
What is PRINCE2®?
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments 2) is a methodology that prioritises control, organisation, quality, reliability and efficiency.
It was originally derived from the government standard of IT project management methodology known as PROMPT II, and was then developed and used outside of the industry after being redefined for more general project management. The UK Government now adopt PRINCE2® methodology in several departments.
Since then, PRINCE2® has become one of the most popular methodologies in the world, over 1,000,000 people have now taken their exams.
The Accredited PRINCE2® 6th Edition Practitioner
This practitioner course covers the entire official syllabus for practitioner level, with a focus on applying the method. The course includes the following elements:
Detailed Explanation / Preparation for the Practitioner Exams:
- Guidance on the practitioner exam / question styles
- Guidance on how to prepare you manual for the exam
- Subject by subject guidance on key aspects examined
- Exam hints and tips
Refresh on the 7 Principles:
Refresh on key points of the 7 Themes:
- Business Case – why are we investing in the project?
- Organization – who do we need to manage the project?
- Quality – what we have to deliver to ensure fit-for-purpose
- Plans – how will we deliver, when & resource requirements
- Risk – managing uncertainty
- Change – understanding implications of changing requirements
- Progress – understanding & controlling where we are against plans
Refresh on key points regarding the 7 Processes:
- Process Model – to explain the flow between processes
- Starting up a Project – pre-project preparation
- Directing a Project – decision making and providing resources
- Initiating a Project – developing a full and firm foundation
- Controlling a Stage -day-to-day project manager’s work
- Managing Product Delivery – day-to-day team managers work
- Managing a Stage Boundary – preparing for project board progress decisions
- Closing a Project – tidy close
PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS limited, used under permission of AXELOS limited. All rights reserved.
Speak with an expert
Leave a message and one of our experts will get in touch to answer all of your questions.